Friday 17 March 2023
New music release: Famous Investigator.
Sunday 5 March 2023
New music release: Solid Snake.
Sunday 26 February 2023
From today on forward, Droomsfeer’s YouTube channel will only include live performance music videos. Based on the last year of YouTube Analytics data, this is the only type of content that will generate a satisfying amount of viewers/listeners on that platform. Unfortunately, the video creation process takes quite a lot of work. And because I’m making music as a hobby, this tedious process is slowly killing the fun in the long run. This time is better spent on mastering the music studio setup, developing musical skills and the creation of quality tracks. Droomsfeer tracks that are largely based on sequenced automation instead of live performance, will therefore only be released via the regular audio platforms in the future.
Saturday 25 February 2023
New music release: Decorated Strawberry Dessert.
Saturday 25 February 2023
The Compilations page now features all track names for each released compilation.
Sunday 19 February 2023
During the past two weekends, Droomsfeer.nl received an extensive update and expansion. Below is a list that contains an overview of all the major changes.
- Translated the complete website, from Dutch to English language.
- While not loosing any humor in the process… #monklife *Applauding myself*
- Switched to a new thematic style, based on a darker color scheme that’s easier on the eyes.
- The About page was expanded with text and links, background info, music and pictures.
- Introduced the Discography, News and Studio sections in the menu.
- The Discography section contains five separate pages:
- Music 2020
- Music 2021
- Music 2022
- Music 2023
- The News section contains three separate pages:
- News 2021
- News 2022
- News 2023
- The Studio section contains two separate pages:
- Hardware | Music Studio
- iPad | Music Studio
- Introduced the Distributing & Licensing page.
- Introduced a Guestbook page (Gwolle v4.5.0), where website visitors can leave a message.
- Updated the Progressive House & Trance Classics page.
- Installed and configured the W3 Total Cache v2.3.0 performance plugin. This dramatically improves the speed and user experience of Droomsfeer.nl.
- Installed and configured the Total Cache Image Service. This now automatically applies .webp file compression to all images on Droomsfeer.nl.
- All images were converted to the .webp file format, and afterwards reinserted on all pages.
- All images received a mention of the original source of the image, plus a URL deeplink.
- And inserted an indication of the date and time of the last page update, to almost all pages.
Friday 3 February 2023
The music album “Ambient Online Compilation: Volume 22” was released today, which contains two Droomsfeer tracks: Flight 707 (#8) and Save Room (#17). The album can be downloaded for free, or at a “name your price” rate.
Friday 27 January 2023
Added the Strymon Deco v2 (Tape Saturation & Doubletracker) to the studio.
Sunday 22 January 2023
The track Journey to Scylla received a total of 34 votes in the annual Synthforum Contest. This landed Droomsfeer at the fourth place in the competition. In terms of total votes across all 69 contestants, this was the third highest number. A shared victory went to sKeLeTvM “Don’t Panic (Featuring Leena)” and Void Pointer “Raar”. Both received 36 votes each. The third place, with a total of 35 votes, went to Jason31 “Existence”. Jason31 is better known as “Madman J”.
It was an honor to participate, and to finish this high among all the great names of the forum. The enormous number of positive reactions has also provided extra motivation to continue the musical hobby in 2023. I hereby would like to thank everyone again who voted for Droomsfeer. That Journey to Scylla would end up this high on the list, is beyond my expectations. There were quite a few high quality entries this year, so it was not an easy task to stand out from the crowd. Ambient-like music is also a genre with a relatively small selection of listeners. That alone makes it extra exiting to finish this high on the list.
I’m also really satisfied to reach a musical skill level where the listening audience regularly expresses appreciation for all the hard work. During the last couple of years, I mainly wanted to make “beautiful atmospheric music” in which the listener would be transported into a kind of “timeless dreamworld”. This formula seems to be quite successful nowadays.
Saturday 21 January 2023
Activation of SoundCloud Next Pro for the official Droomsfeer profile: https://soundcloud.com/droomsfeer.
Thursday 19 January 2023
New music release: Save Room.
Sunday 15 January 2023
New music release: Flight 707.
Saturday 14 January 2023
The Studio page has been updated and expanded with detailed information about the Droomsfeer music studio.
Saturday 14 January 2023
The database of Droomsfeer.nl has been upgraded today, from the outdated PHP version 7.4 to the latest PHP version 8.2. PHP is a scripting language that is mainly used for creating dynamic websites. Well-known and popular applications of PHP are content management systems, such as WordPress on which Droomsfeer.nl is based.
The use of PHP version 8.2 provides a significant performance boost compared to the old version. This makes the entire website feel faster for visitors. The PHP Boost function has also been enabled (a cache for data), making the website even faster. The upgrade has also increased the security of the website. This keeps malicious hackers and click robots out of the door.
Thursday 12 January 2023
Droomsfeer.nl is now two years old.